I’m about a hundred years behind everyone else in writing a recap of BEA 2013. I blame that on the fact that my computer is incredibly shitty and I didn’t take it to NYC with me. But anyway, let’s recap!
- Sat in a Megabus for 6 hours on Tuesday because NYC traffic is insanity. Then did it again on Friday to get back to Boston in time for the weekend.
- Stayed in a room with 9 other people at the hostel in the Upper West Side, which was as fun as it sounds.
The Fun Stuff:
- The Blogger Conference happened really early on Wednesday and I met tons of lovely people who were all still rubbing the sleep out of their eyes. In the afternoon session I actually talked to Sarah Wendell and made a total fool of myself!
- I attended the Independent Book Publisher’s Association’s Benjamin Franklin Awards. And one of the books I’ve worked on, Almost a Psychopath, won the gold!! I had to give an impromptu speech (because the authors couldn’t make it), which was slightly terrifying.
- Day one of BEA was nuts. I talked to a ton of publishers on my list, and picked up a few highly anticipated galleys including this one I’m reading right now…
- Also attended the Bird Bash at Penguin on Thursday night, which I don’t have pictures of because it was that fun!
- I got this sick glitter tatoo with my new blogger friend Molly from Lit Nerd Around The World. Yes, it’s a unicorn.
Overall this was a great BEA 2013! I met some great bloggers, like Martin from Every Day Writer and Molly who I mentioned earlier, and am really looking forward to keeping in touch with them and seeing all of these book-loving people at BEA 2014!