Top Ten Books that I wouldn’t mind Santa bringing me
For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate click here!
- Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee – I’ve been wanting to read this forever, but I never seem to remember to buy it.
- Shanghai Girls by Lisa See – a friend from high school recommended this recently because apparently the fashion in it is awesome! Also it’s a story about sister relationships during tumultuous times.
- Jesus’s Son by Denis Johnson – every now and then I listen to the New Yorker Fiction Podcast, which is awesome, and I heard Tobias Wolff read “Emergency” and was like holy crap I need to read a novel by this dude. (It was also referenced recently in my creative writing class).
- Sleeping Beauty by Judith Avery – a romance novel version of a super creepy fairy tale? Yes, please.
- One Day by David Nicholls – I keep seeing this around and it’s supposedly a great novel with strong romantic elements.
- Couples by John Updike – I read about this in GQ recently. This guy wrote an article about why 50 Shades sucked and gave some examples of sexy books with literary merit. Also I remember really liking A Month of Sundays!
- Fear of Flying by Erica Jong – this has been on my list since someone suggested it in the comments of my post on Thought Catalog in August.
- Seven Years to Sin by Sylvia Day – I really liked Day’s novel Bared to You and I’d love to read more of her work.
- Runaway by Alice Munro – I’m embarrassed to say I’ve never read anything by Munro. This is a collection of her stories that’s sort of like a grab bag of her best.
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides – He’s only written like 3 novels and I’ve read 2. So bring on the third!!