The Broke and the Bookish does a Top Ten Tuesday blog every week. I absolutely love the topic this week: REreading! So here the ten books I would most like to read again:
- Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger
- Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell- but I’m gonna give this one some time seeing as I just read it this year.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee- I read this in high school. High school. That was like forever ago. I remember loving it!
- The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls – I recently recommended this to a friend and she raved about it. She mentioned things that I had totally forgotten about. Need to refresh my memory.
- Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
- The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood – I can’t get enough of Margaret Atwood.
- Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce- my coworker keeps raving about it and I haven’t read it since high school. I don’t remember liking it much, but then again I’m older and wiser now, right?
- Chronicles of Narnia Series – these books transported me to another world as a kid.
- Miss Lonely Hearts & The Day of the Locust by Nathaniel West- these are two novellas are incredibly weird and tragic. I read them in college and would like to revisit them outside of an academic setting.
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera – this book was amazing. ’nuff said.
There are so many more! But I must limit myself to ten…